Our client is a successful, high-growth premium consumer brand with distribution in 46 countries, including leading retail stores. Their product collections are appreciated around the world for their contemporary design, quality craftsmanship and the use of natural ingredients. The company is now looking for an experienced Sales Director to implement an ambitious 5 year plan.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of retail/ distribution background, sales management, team building, branding and strategy development capability and experience. This is an exciting career opportunity to work as part of the senior management team to grow an already successful and expanding business.
1. Business Responsibilities [Accountabilities]
- Delivery of sales targets (Revenue & Margin).
- Achievement of growth targets through distribution network and retail customers.
- Accountable for P & L for Ireland, Export and Online business.
2. Management Responsibilities
Team / People Management: Manage and develop the Retail, B2B and eCommerce Sales team. This includes managing sales reporting and sales processes.
Channel / Network Management: Manage the company’s network of sales agents, distributors , key accounts and retailers in Ireland, Europe and Rest of World. (There will be some direct key account management).
Online / E-Commerce: The company wants to significantly grow its online business and the Sales Director will play a key role in developing and executing an effective e-commerce channel and revenue stream.
Strategy Development: This person appointed will play a critical role in developing the company’s expansion strategy especially in terms of market and channel focus, brand and pricing strategies and the prioritising of territories. The role requires developing market intelligence for Irish and export markets to identify strategic growth opportunities.
Commercial Activities: Generation of (partner) leads, sales & marketing support for key accounts and participation in the main Trade Shows in the sector. Establish and deliver sales campaigns for specific products and markets. (The latter is an important part of the role in terms of helping the company to compete).
3. Background / Experience / Competencies
- Senior sales and sales management background working in retail, wholesale, distributor and sales agent channels and key account handling.
- Experience selling niche homeware or related product categories would be a distinct advantage.
Sales Management & Sales Background
- A minimum of 5 years senior sales management experience that includes managing sales teams, sales agents, distributors, e-commerce teams and Key Accounts.
- An exceptional ability to negotiate with customers at the highest level, including professional retail buyers.
- A proven ability to motivate sales and channel partners to deliver sales targets.
- Experience in successfully negotiating and managing Distribution and Agency contracts.
- An exceptional ability in developing positive working relationships with key customers in order to drive sales growth.
Strong Ability to network with key industry peers is essential.
- Strong business acumen coupled with acute market awareness and awareness of new market trends.
- Ability to translate market awareness into rapid growth in sales and profitability for new products.
- A proven track record in developing new International business and sales growth.
- Ideally experience of scaling a growth company in export markets.
Professional / Other
- Fluency in a European Language- especially German/French/Italian – would be a distinct advantage.
- Appropriate energy, stamina and flexibility to work at this level.
- Capacity to work efficiently with others, demonstrating an open mind and commitment to achieve group objectives.
- A highly credible, professional, ambitious, self motivated, and passionate approach with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent time management skills and detail oriented.
- Good computer literacy (MS Office, CRM) and possess a full clean driving licence.
Note: This roles requires travel to U.K. and Europe on a reasonably frequent basis.
Package: Senior compensation package. Negotiable.
- Senior Salary Negotiable
- Negotiable Bonus Package p.a.
- Health Contribution.
- Pension Contribution
- 25 Days holidays
- Phone / Laptop
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or +353-1-9081298 or call Clare Coffey who will set up a conversation with Pat, DD: +353-5787-30961
Please do not contact our client directly. (Terms)