Our client is one of the most successful IT services companies in Ireland. Through business-first engagements, they are increasingly focused on leveraging leading-edge technologies that help clients realise strategic business goals, including their digital transformation journey.
The Sales Manager will provide leadership and management of the Business Development & Account Management teams (currently 8 people) within the company’s Managed Services SBU. This role is responsible for ensuring the agreed targets will be met and exceeded.
The Sales Manager will report to and work with the Head of Business Development & Account Management to ensure the optimum performance is gained from individual team members and the collective sales team.
At a high level, the role is responsible for expanding the company’s presence across strategic and profitable accounts and the company’s presence in the mid-upper tier IT and Digital services market.
- Delivery of Sales Revenue, but specifically Gross Profit (GP) Targets for the team.
- Delivering the optimal mix of GP by product / service line / Contract type.
Reporting & Team Review:
- Produce performance reporting, including accurate and reliable sales forecasts for senior management.
- Conduct weekly sales pipeline, key sales metrics and activity reviews.
- Build a productive sales operation that is data-driven.
- Ensure the relevant account plans and CRM pipelines are kept up to date.
- Build, lead and manage a team capable of meeting and exceeding the company’s sales targets.
- Control, develop and manage an efficient and effective BAU sales operations (including CRM) underpinned by a continuous improvement mindset.
- Plan and implement sales and customer retention and development policies; alignment of sales targets versus budget; commission scheme etc.
- Create a team culture that is supported by data-driven decision-making, structured planning and execution and a critical-thinking approach.
Recruiting / Onboarding / Coaching:
- Provide leadership to the sales team, coaching and mentoring new and existing team members and promoting career development.
- Responsible for HR related management tasks – recruitment & selection, annual performance reviews and other duties as they arise.
- Help create a positive culture where team members can develop their potential and feel important as contributors to the ongoing development of a growing organisation.
Sales Tactics & Sales Team Support:
- Actively participate in the Tender process for all large bids.
- Directly manage major and critical developing client accounts if necessary, and coordinate the management of all other accounts.
- Provide the necessary guidance in terms of strategy and tactics for critical opportunities.
- Ensure the Practice Leads receive relevant co-operation of the sales team.
- Promote positive relations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Head of Business Development & Account Management and SBU management to ensure collaboration and visibility of activity between Sales and Delivery
- Develop marketing and campaign initiatives and events to support the sales effort in conjunction with the marketing department.
- Develop a clear strategic approach to target and (key) account audience selection, opportunity creation and delivering customer success.
- Contribute to divisional strategic planning and development.
- Work with the Head of Business Development & Account Management to develop and execute sales standards pre and post sale.
- Evaluate pricing structure on an ongoing basis using market intelligence reports to ensure competitiveness and profitability.
- Provide Market and technology awareness, in terms of relevant trends that present threats and opportunities.
- Define the future direction of the sales team in the context of the company’s goals & objectives.
Sales Management Capability:
- 5 Years+ / significant background managing / leading salespeople / sales team(s).
- Professional fluency in modern sales pipeline, forecasting, sales reporting practices.
- Experience in strategic planning & execution.
Audiences Sold To / Worked With:
- Mid-market, corporate and enterprise-level clients.
- Technical (C-level / mid and end users) & Commercial (C-level) stakeholders.
- Managed / led a sales team who have sold IT services (ITSM / IT Operations), Managed Services; Recurring and Contract-based IT & Professional Services.
- Ideally, background selling the Microsoft Stack but experience selling a technology stack is essential.
- Proficient technical knowledge with an understanding of IT strategy and its impact on business outcomes and results.
Education / Qualifications:
- Relevant third level qualification in Business, IT or sales & marketing advantageous but not essential.
- Some formal Management or Leadership training advantageous.
Package: On Application. Negotiable.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or +353-1-9081298 or call Clare Coffey who will set up a conversation with Pat, DD: +353-5787-30961
Please do not contact our client directly. (Terms)