Quoted on the NYSE, our client is a leading provider of carrier and cloud-neutral co-location data centre services with a diverse range of customers in 11 European countries. They host over 700 connectivity providers, 21 European Internet exchanges, with most leading cloud and digital media platforms across its footprint.
They have a requirement for an Enterprise Account Manager to grow the business in the Irish operation, though clients are often multinational and operate globally. This position is an important driver in the achievement of the company’s local growth targets and its account acquisition objectives.
- Key Account Growth / Annual Contract Value / Contract Renewals
- Net New Customer Acquisition / New Contracts Signed.
Key Role Duties
Develop and implement direct sales strategy and annual plans for prospective and newly acquired accounts
- Initiate, create and execute the new business sales strategy and annual plans aimed at prospective and newly acquired accounts, within the boundaries set by the local Sales & Marketing plan and the overall business.
Manage the Lead to Close New Business Acquisition Cycle
- Manage and grow an assigned portfolio of existing enterprise-level accounts.
- Proactively create and build relationships with decision makers up to C-suite level at prospective and newly acquired customers, directly or through leads generated by local Marketing, Business Development or Partner Channels.
- Actively use LinkedIn/structured social media campaigns and traditional “cold calling”, and prepare for and attend appropriate local industry events to gain appointments, build relationships and increase awareness of the company’s value proposition.
- Identify, qualify, pursue (design and propose), negotiate and profitably close net new business, in close collaboration with local Management and Operations team, as well as Marketing & Strategy and Legal.
- Conduct commercial and customer contract negotiations within own delegated authority and predefined ranges/guidelines.
- Achieve new bookings target.
Support immediate post-sales activities as a primary customer contact
- Direct, oversee and support immediate post-sale activity to ensure continuity and satisfactory customer onboarding.
Prepare and facilitate customer hand-over
- Hand-over closed business to the Customer Implementation/Operations team.
- After an appropriate period of time, hand-over the customer relationship to a local Account Manager.
Ensure proper information maintenance in Salesforce
- Maintain up to date and accurate information on opportunity, pipeline and sales activity in Salesforce.com.
- Manage opportunities in compliance with Sales processes and policies and Sales standards of performance.
Requirements Knowledge & Competencies
- Solid, proven background selling to senior IT audiences at C-level.
- Ideally a background in the Data Center industry.
- Provable track record of new business / new logo acquisition using a structured, proactive, hunting, outbound approach.
- Demonstrable understanding of direct sales and B2B / Corporate new business acquisition process, including B2B lead generation.
- Well-honed consultative and negotiation selling skills in a multi-stakeholder, solution delivery context.
- A background working with partners in the IT sector is a distinct advantage, at Tier 2, but especially Tier 1 level.
- Educated to Bachelor/Master level.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a consultative selling area, preferablY in IT Services/data center/telco/network environment.
- Broad business network and contact data base.
- Good understanding of Microsoft office applications.
- Good team-working skills.
- Fluent in English.
Additional Information / Context
- The New Business Sales Manager has authority, within the boundaries of the local Sales & Marketing plan for the development and execution of an appropriate local new business and account acquisition strategy.
- The role is responsible for driving the local go-to-market new business sales effort, acquiring new logos and net new bookings.
- The role operates autonomously, while closely collaborating with local Management, Sales, Marketing and Operations teams, and with (as appropriate) International, Marketing & Strategy, Finance and Legal, mobilizing the company’s resources in achieving its account acquisition and sales objectives.
- The role has authority and discretion to set and negotiate product/service/sales terms within the boundaries set by Marketing & Strategy, Finance and Legal.
- Prospective and newly acquired accounts are primarily local, however, can be substantial, high profile and with a global footprint. Critical contact is with decision-makers at mid and C-level, and can span IT and non-IT functions in a business.
- Travel Allowance / Fuel Card
- Company Computer
- Company Mobile Phone
- Monthly Mobile Phone Bill Allowance
- Health & Dental, including Spouse & Children
- Pension 5% Matching
- Paid-for Sick Leave: 5 Uncertified (Certified post probation)
- Holiday Time: 25 Days
The Client: https://www.interxion.com/
Location: Grange Business Park, Dublin 22.
Contact: email@example.com or +353-1-9081298 or call Clare Coffey who will set up a conversation on +353-89-6167618.
Please do not contact our client directly. (Terms)