Our client is a best-in-class provider of cloud-based software for the global insurance industry with offices in Portland Maine U.S.A., Europe and APac. They are experiencing rapid growth and want to appoint a Claims Solutions Product Manager for its cloud-based Claims Management Platform, built on Salesforce.com (Force.com & Lightning). The formal title of the role is Claims Solution Manager; this is a Product Owner role, including responsibility for 3 product releases per year.
Reporting to the Head of Product, you will be responsible for determining the strategic direction of the company’s claim management software solution, and prioritizing the development of key initiatives to improve the efficiency and accuracy of the solution, while improving end-user satisfaction.
Our client values collaborative partnerships with the existing customer base, which allows them to better understand the strategic direction of their business. You will be responsible for soliciting input from a global customer base (USA / EMEA/APac), internal stakeholders, user experience research and industry thought leaders. Analyzing and synthesizing these findings will contribute to the Claim Management product roadmap. As part of a team of business and technical product owners, you will also be a key advisor for the company’s Integrated Disability Absence Management (IDAM) integrated product approach.
Location: Portland, Maine
- Determine strategic direction for Claims Management solution in conjunction with internal stakeholders.
- Prioritize key initiatives and work with Business Analysts and development team to create epics and stories, plan feature development.
- Collect and respond to customer input and market trends.
- Assist Customers to leverage the solution to address operational challenges as the Subject Matter Expert.
- Work with sales teams to review response to requests for information and requests for proposals if needed.
- Stay abreast of trends in the industry, may attend conferences.
- Evaluate existing solution strengths and backlog items and integrate them with the strategic plan for evolving the product.
- Provide product demos to internal and external audiences (and may also conduct customer training).
- Conduct focus groups and present to customers.
- Create and execute tests to validate new functionality.
- Use Confluence and JIRA to document and organize work.
- Occasional travel.
- Experience and understanding of insurance products and claims processes (such as Disability, Life, Critical Illness, Voluntary Benefits).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders and industry leaders.
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
- Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources and clearly communicate findings.
- Ability to act decisively.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with customers, and stay focused on business objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Salesforce platform experience.
- Ability to learn quickly and think creatively.
- Experience with agile development methods.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence.
- Education: Requires a bachelor’s degree. Masters Business Administration preferred.
- Salary: c. $100,000. (Neg).
- Travel Allowance(s) – required business travel reimbursed
- Company Computer (Laptop) – ability to select own hardware
- Health Insurance: $3400 contribution to HSA; generous contribution towards medical insurance plan costs.
- Number of Holiday Days per Year – 7 national holidays plus 3 floating holidays, and 20 days vacation to start
- Company Pension Contribution Provided? – 401k or Roth account contribution to match employee contribution up to 6%
- Share Scheme / Equity Participation – after 6 month probationary period
- Number of Paid-for Sick Absence – sick time can be taken as needed
- Work-From-Home (WFH): can facilitate up to 2 days per week.
Contact: email@example.com. + 1 (207) 4309249.
Please do not contact our client directly. (Terms)