Our client is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the areas of software-defined thin clients, desktop virtualization and server-based computing, ranking 15th on the Deloitte Fast 50 and winning the Technology Ireland Emerging Company of the Year award in 2018. Their software solutions, used in 20 countries globally, help businesses increase productivity, improve security and reduce the costs associated with delivering the modern digital workplace.
Due to their continued growth, they are seeking an experienced and highly consultative sales professional to join the Commercial team at a key point in the company’s growth and scaling journey.
The ideal candidate has a successful track record in the broad virtualisation software space with the mind-set, skills and energy to create, capture and close new business across multiple industries and countries. A background in channel-driven selling is an advantage.
Role Accountabilities [Targets]:
- Recurring Annual Licence Fee revenue (Annual Contract Value).
- Annual Support Revenues per Account.
- Number of users per Account.
- Number of sites / locations per account (Geographic footprint expansion).
Increasingly our client is adopting a Land & Expand growth model, while targeting larger, enterprise and Reseller accounts that can grow significantly over time. As a Key / Enterprise Account Manager, you will take ownership of growing the annual contract value per account.
Account Development & Expansion
- Strategically manage and network a select portfolio of Key Accounts to maintain and expand lines of existing revenue creating upsell & cross-sell opportunities.
- Research the client environment to understand the issues and opportunities for ThinScale software solutions.
- Build relationships with the key players in the client account and determine the sales strategy and messaging appropriate for each stakeholder, becoming a trusted advisor.
- Effectively advise and influence clients through consultative selling techniques and relevant marketing campaigns; you will become a leader at your account in terms of the expertise and direction you can provide to the key stakeholders.
- Manage sales activities by ensuring sales related activities gain client commitment, build momentum and accelerate sales cycles as part of opportunity creation and capture.
- Be the responsible primary point of contact for all aspects of the customers relationship with ThinScale taking ownership of the resolution of any issue.
- Foster close working relations within the team and across the organisation.
- Synthesize customer feedback to provide market intelligence and proposed product innovations to the wider team to ensure our continued position as a lead innovator in our field.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations. This is an important part of becoming a trusted source and creator of value at your accounts.
Sales Reporting & Internal Relationships
- Manage and maintain accurate contact, opportunities and account information within the Salesforce CRM.
- Provide accurate monthly and quarterly (commit) sales forecasts and longer term pipeline outlook.
- Foster close working relations within the internal team and across wider functions in the organisation.
- Ensure that forecasting is accurate with regards to the value, timeline of closure and probability of closure.
- Meet activity metrics for calls, customer contact, demos completed, and opportunities created.
Audiences Sold To / Worked With:
- Ideally a technical / technology audience, at C and Operational level (e.g. Head of IT / CTO / Systems Architect/IT – Virtualisation Specialists).
- Technology Channel Partners (e.g. that represent the large Technology vendors).
- Enterprise & Government organisations with large scale end-user points e.g. 1000+ devices).
- You will have worked with multinational and/or start-up and/or scaling companies, with international markets and customers.
- 2+ years in an account management role with a demonstrated and successful track record of building relationships and closing deals
- Established and evidence-based track record of delivering sales growth from an existing account base.
- Achievement in terms of building new business in a global market space.
Selling Capabilities (Account Management Context):
- Strong diagnostic, exploration and listening skills for identifying opportunities at individual accounts.
- Consultative selling skills needed to engage stakeholders, open and lead conversations at a respected advisor level and create preference for our client’s approach and solutions.
- An ability to secure the commitments from stakeholders and buyers needed to create and move opportunities forward.
- High level writing & presentation skills, coupled with an ability to distil complex ideas into simple language, for one-on-one and group situations.
- Strong opportunity management skills, that include an ability to identify buyer concerns and unearth obstacles.
Technical & Related:
- Ideally, you are fluent in desktop virtualisation technology, but at a minimum are comfortable in an intensive technology environment.
- You are able to work effectively with non-sales colleagues, especially in IT, Development and technical support.
- You will already have or have the ability to quickly acquire a level of domain and subject matter expertise that will secure customer respect and trust.
- A background involving the conducting of online demos to a technical and semi-technical audience is a big advantage in terms of your sales capability (many of your best deals and relationships will emerge from the demo stage, followed by a face-to-face engagement).
- Experience with CRM and opportunity management systems, preferably Salesforce.
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs.
- High energy and the ability to learn quickly.
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment.
- Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability and maturity.
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, plan, and organize sales activity.
- Strong analytical mindset with excellent problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- A focus on exceeding customer expectations.
- Eligible to live and work in the EU at time of application.
- Native or equivalent command of English (written and verbal) with a second language being an advantage.
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Package: Base + On Target Commission (Very Competitive Package). On Application.
The Client: https://www.thinscale.com/
Contact: email@example.com or +353-1-9081298 or call Clare Coffey who will set up a conversation with Pat, DD: +353-5787-30961
Please do not contact our client directly. (Terms)