Role accommodates blend of Office / On-site / Work-from-Home. Main office is in Mayo. Dublin office also. Location approach is negotiable.
Our client provides Project Management, Engineering Design, and Project resourcing services to the Pharmaceutical and Life Science Sectors. They specialize in the design and delivery of process-driven projects across Ireland and internationally and due continued growth and expansion are seeking to hire a PMO/Operations Lead. The position will be based in the company’s office from Mayo and will reporting directly to the CEO. This is a permanent position.
Roles and Responsibilities Operations
- Maintaining up-to-date, best-in-class processes and systems for the PMO function and wider business.
- Delivering training and mentoring project team members both from a general project management and subject matter expert perspective.
- Proactively managing issues, proposing mitigation/response plans and effectively implementing the action plan and escalation via tier processes.
- Identify Risks and Opportunities related to business activities – work with project and internal teams to develop contingency, remediation, modification, or replacement activities.
- Ensure effective planning, common understanding and delivery targets to achieve Client requirement and incorporate data generated into the planning system.
- Ensuring the financial element of the project is managed to ensure positive cash flow management, invoicing on milestones and managing change requests.
- Drive visible performance management processes, use KPI’s to track progress, monitoring actual performance versus plan promoting awareness to drive improvement.
- Project reporting and regular engagements with Business development function to drive existing and new business development
- Manage and maintain companywide SOPs and ensure effective governance systems in place to ensure application.
- Work closely and collaboratively with all functions – PMO, design, Contracts Service, and finance to ensure standardised best practice processes and procedures are followed through, maximising synergies across company.
- Work closely with Business development function in determining scope of projects during tender stage.
- Attending client meetings with Business development manager both pre and post contract award. Responsible for determining the client’s expectations and play an active role in negotiating the scope of works from both a technical and commercial perspective.
- Ensure CRM system is maintained, and any variations/additional project scope communicated with Business development manager.
Identify and procure effective external partners for fulfilling short term resource requirements for critical projects.
- Define organisational structure, and ensure effective policies and procedures in place
- Lead weekly team and companywide operations meetings.
- Together with the HR/Contract Services Manager appoint & recruit PMO resources.
- Work with Contract Services division in identifying Skills gaps within current resource and identifying CPD for existing staff members, to meet future needs.
- Assist with standardizing clear pathways of progression for new and existing hires on the Organization chart and establishing a company-wide structure for performance reviews.
- Develop and implement standardized program / project management processes and tools to facilitate and assess project planning, program budgeting, risk identification and management, change management, program governance and program / project status reporting.
- Ensure timely deliverables, project staffing, and overall satisfaction of the customer in the context of Professional Services engagements, with a key focus on building client relationships and trust throughout.
- Manage and lead the project management team.
- Monitor and maintain oversight on large and small projects liaising with Design team and Client throughout project lifecycles – Conception, Definition & planning, Procurement and Design, Construction monitoring and project close out.
- Driving project delivery with cross functional stakeholders.
- Manage Program /Project lessons learned processes and the continuous improvement of the PMO.
- Ensure all company procedures are followed for each stage of project execution
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Ensure and track resource availability and allocation across all projects.
- Prepare financial proposals with Business development manager for Clients based on their needs & clearly defined project scope.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate issues to wider management as needed.
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency.
- Facilitate governance process.
- Overall risk management to identify themes.
- Facilitate dependency management across the projects and programmes.
- Track deliverables and benefit realisation.
- Responsible for tools, standards and methodology i.e. project management templates.
Education and Experience
- Level 8 degree in Engineering or Science discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Proven working experience in PM in the Life Sciences Industries.
- 5+ years in managing teams of people. • Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is an advantage.
- Developing and Tracking Budgets.
- Experience in implementing process improvements using standard LEAN methodologies would be advantageous.
- Adept at project and change management.
- High level of organisation skills.
- Great leadership skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Very good stakeholder skills
- Competitive Salary
- Matching Pension Contribution
- Health Insurance Contribution
- Company Car / Fuel Card
- Company Computer & Mobile Phone
Client: https://dolmenengineering.com/ | (Please do not contact directly)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | +353-1-9081298
All Information is shared on a confidential basis and subject to Candidate Terms. Please do not contact the client directly.