Our client is a best-in-class provider of cloud-based software for the global insurance industry with offices in Ireland, the U.S. and Australia. They have a dedicated R&D team, focused on developing innovative software solutions built on the Salesforce Lightning Platform and are looking to hire the following: Absence Management Business Systems Analyst – Research and Development.
With a dedicated R&D team our client is focused on developing innovative claim management software solutions built on the Salesforce Lightning Platform. As part of that R&D process, they value customer involvement in establishing the Product Roadmap, which focuses on delivering innovative software solutions which improve efficiency and productivity for customers.
To ensure you can maximize business value, it is necessary to have experience and knowledge of Absence (FMLA, State paid and unpaid leaves) and Accommodations (ADA) claims management.
As our client’s Research and Development Business Systems Analyst, you are required to be hands-on as you will work closely with both the relevant teams and our customer. Excellent communication, process management, and analytical skills are essential.
In any given day, you might be evaluating input from customers, internal stakeholders and teams, researching the impact of the latest absence legislation, analyzing problems identified and current product capabilities, presenting a demo of new product features to customers or internal staff, delivering recommendations to our Product Owners for prioritization, or preparing clear requirements to the development team for design and development.
Location: Portland, Maine US.
• Understand requests from individual customers, determine whether the request is applicable to multiple customers and whether the request fits into strategic objectives.
• Ability to research and understand absence regulatory guidance and direction and apply the concepts to product requirements.
• Understand system design concepts and apply them to feature requirements and technical discussions.
• Evaluate the data collected through task analysis, business process, surveys, and workshops and utilize learnings to recommend product enhancements.
• Document and verify the analysis via Unified Modelling Language (UML) diagrams.
• Document business needs, requirements, and acceptance criteria.
• Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to prioritize key features (epics, stories, and bugs).
• Provide suggestions to the development team during the development stage.
• Communicate effectively with customers and internal teams to design and deliver functional requirements like screen, interface, and GUI designs.
• Document the acquired results of analysis and workflows.
• Become a partner with customers, understanding their strategic claims strategy to consider trends across existing and future customer segments and geographies.
• Design and execute test scripts and test scenarios.
• Occasional travel required.
• Successful key feature delivery using Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) or Domain Driven Design (DDD) techniques.
• Research and analyze regulatory guidance.
• Experience and knowledge of leave management and workplace accommodations.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• Collaborative work style, and effective communication and presentation skills.
• Solid mathematical aptitude and effective project management skills.
• Ability to analyze and document complex business processes.
• Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
• Ability to think analytically and solve problems.
• Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information.
• Ability to learn quickly and think creatively.
• At least 2 years Business Analyst experience in an IT environment (preferably Agile).
• Paralegal* skills and experience a plus. (Depending on your background and skills, there is potentially a separate role here).
• Experience in, or working closely with, Absence Management claims organizations.
• Hands-on Salesforce experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or any related field from an accredited institution.
• Master’s degree is an added advantage.
Package / Benefits:
- Salary: c. $80,000.
- Travel Allowance(s) – required business travel reimbursed
- Company Computer (Laptop) – ability to select own hardware
- Health Insurance: $3400 contribution to HSA; generous contribution towards medical insurance plan costs.
Number of Holiday Days per Year – 7 national holidays plus 3 floating holidays, and 20 days vacation to start
Company Pension Contribution Provided? – 401k or Roth account contribution to match employee contribution up to 6%
- Share Scheme / Equity Participation – after 6 month probationary period
- Number of Paid-for Sick Absence – sick time can be taken as needed
Contact: email@example.com. + 1 (207) 4309249.