Job Role Title: Leave Management Compliance Officer
Reports To: The Head of Product.
Job Location: Portland, Maine OR Remote from U.S.A.
Note: Education Requirement
Juris Doctorate degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association
Valid attorney’s license in at least your state of residence/practice.
The Leave Management Compliance Officer is responsible for monitoring the regulatory landscape related to our client’s leave of absence, disability and ADA product offerings, and for providing thoroughly-researched guidance to support the compliance of their (cloud) software.
Our client’s employees will rely on you for prompt, professional opinions and guidance to effect software development efforts, and customers will look to you for leadership to guide approaches to managing new and existing regulations. Using your knowledge of the industry, compliance expertise and experience, and insights from the team, you will serve as a thought leader for our client and seek out opportunities to influence conversations about state level absence leave law by liaising with representatives and members of the industry community, through public speaking opportunities, and written pieces such as articles, blogs and white papers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the compliance oversight of the client’s Absence, Claims and Accommodations solutions.
- Monitor regulatory landscape for changes in legislation, or changes to the interpretation to existing laws.
- Monitor new regulations that may be adopted at the federal and state level.
- Provide guidance to customers on what the regulations mean for them as they use the client’s software.
- Collaborate with Absence Solution Manager, Absence Practice Leader and internal subject matter experts and to enhance the solution.
- Influence conversations about leave regulations under consideration at the federal and state level.
- Lead customer forums and translate needs to written system requirements.
- Public speaking engagements, blog writing and other external communications.
- Some travel required.
- 5+ years experience as an attorney specializing in employment and absence law
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation style
- Experience working to influence local, state or federal law
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Interest and ability to learn software and business process
- Juris Doctorate degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association
- Valid attorney’s license in at least your state of residence/practice.
- Very Competitive Salary.
- Flexible work environment and remote working.
- Opportunity to choose your own hardware.
- Share options in a growing company.
- Generous benefits – including health insurance and pension contribution.
Client Website: https://claimvantage.com/. (Please do not contact or apply directly to the client.)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, +1 (929) 214 1072
All Information is shared on a confidential basis and subject to Candidate Terms. Please do not contact the client directly.