Location: Dublin 18, Ireland. Accommodates Remote working option. Or blend of office / remote, depending on your location.
Type: (Permanent). At least Stamp 4 required. (Sponsorship for non citizens of EU, not possible at this time).
Our client is a best-in-class provider of cloud-based software for the global insurance industry with offices in Ireland, the U.S. and Australia. They have a dedicated R&D team, focused on developing innovative claim management software solutions built on the Salesforce Lightning Platform. They are looking to hire a collaborative and creative Principal Engineer to join their diverse team.
The emphasis is on results: great quality delivered at a fast pace. They offer flexibility on work location (remote working) and work hours; the working environment is cloud-based. They avoid bureaucracy. All product development is done in-house: they do not outsource.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with subject matter experts to develop designs.
- Write clean code to implement the designs.
- Collaborate, share, and document what you deliver.
- Mentor and coach others.
Your Background / Experience / Capabilities
- Ideally, you have a product-development background, i.e. you have helped build a product that is used by a particular audience continuously (versus a one-off build that can be handed over to a client).
- You are comfortable with hands-on development and software engineering.(You love building stuff).
- Developed / worked in a Managed Package product context.
- You love to build products and add functionality and features that enhance customer results and outcomes. Equally, you enjoy the productive interaction with the commercial, subject matter and related stakeholders to implement product vision.
- Ability to deliver elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Fully bought into agile methods, test-driven development and continuous integration.
Required Skills – Technical
- Full-stack background (Strong server-side and UI).
- Strong skills in multiple languages such as Java / Modern Java.
- Client-side MVC frameworks include e.g. Angular, React, Vue, Svelte, LWC.
- Open-source contributions that can be discussed during the interview.
- Salesforce Lightning Platform experience (especially if you have built and gone live with a managed package product).
- Understanding of the insurance industry / and/or industries requiring subject matter knowledge / rules / driven by regulation.
Soft Skills / “Soft” Requirements
- Ability to take an idea all the way through to an implemented software solution.
- Ability to learn new technologies and new business domains quickly.
- Ability to be self-sufficient.
- Clearly articulate solutions in oral and written communications for internal and external consumers.
- Contribute to a team environment.
- A passion for quality in analysis, design, and coding.
- High levels of output.
- A desire to develop on the Salesforce Lightning Platform.
Education: Requires a bachelor’s degree; Computer Science degree preferred.
- Salary EUR95,000. Negotiability based on Salesforce-related background.
- Flexible work environment and remote working.
- Opportunity to choose your own hardware.
- Share options in a growing company.
- Generous benefits – including health insurance and pension contribution.
Additional Information for Context
- The ideal person for this role is equipped to contribute in a product-development environment, characterised by multiple annual releases, building commercially-viable functionality and interaction with a wide stakeholder group. It requires full-stack (server-side + UI) capability plus any modern full-stack framework.
- You know what’s involved in building a product that will have a 10+ years life, meeting the needs of thousands of users (vs one-off builds).
- In terms of knowing overall craft, you have probably read one or more of these:
Client Website: https://claimvantage.com/
Contact: email@example.com. +353-1-9081298
All Information is shared on a confidential basis and subject to Candidate Terms. Please do not contact the client directly.