Our client is a best-in-class provider of cloud-based software for the global insurance industry. The company’s solution enables clients to deliver superior customer service, a competitive edge and internal productivity gains, while saving on upfront implementation costs and eliminating open-ended, low ROI capex investments.
They are experiencing rapid growth in the U.S. market and now want to expand their presence in the European and additionally, the South African market and wish to appoint a Senior European Sales Executive / Senior Business Development Manager.
The company a well-established, successful provider in its market and promotes a strong culture of accountability and personal performance in a collaborative, well-supported environment.
Role Responsibilities (Results):
- Annual Recurring Revenue / Annual Contract Value Target achievement to deliver the company’s revenue growth and profitability goals.
- New logo / customer acquisition.
- The industry sector is the insurance industry i.e. large insurance companies.
- The key stakeholders are: Head of IT &/or Head of IT for the Line of Business. Head of Line of Business. Head of Claims / Claims Processing. Head of Change Management.
Key Duties & Activities for the Role
Target Account Prospecting:
- Plan and manage a structured approach to prospect identification and qualification.
- Develop in-depth knowledge per account, including information available in the public domain.
- Build a Target Account Profile.
- Leverage corporate marketing material as a basis and work closely with internal teams to develop local market-specific materials.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local partner organisations to ensure mutual opportunities are fostered.
- Maintain relationships with local Salesforce representatives.
Opportunity Creation, Management & Conversion (Pre-sale through to Close)
This is a critical part of the sales role involving stakeholder management, solution development, securing budgets and managing the decision timeline, to produce accurate forecasts and closed deals and revenue. You will be running a consultative selling process in a solution context and in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders and influencers. Specifically,
- Develop and manage a strategy for each target account, using corporate marketing materials and approach using the company’s unique selling proposition.
- Schedule and facilitate software demonstrations to target accounts.
- Liaise with the appropriate Marketing and Technical support staff in Melbourne, the USA and Dublin for assistance to close prospects.
- Oversee tender responses to ensure they are aligned with local requirements and terminology.
- Manage multiple stakeholders on the prospect side and align vendor-client teams as part of the process of moving deals forward against a target deadline.
- Negotiate and obtain commitment from customers within guidelines set by the Global Head of Sales and Marketing.
- Maintain relationships with key contacts in client organisations, meeting on a regular basis.
- Identify upsell opportunities with current customers.
- Set up, promote, and participate in meetings comprised of local or regional clients (as appropriate).
- Keep abreast of changes and enhancements to the core vendor software and communicate with local clients.
- Participate in local contractual negotiations.
- Maintain current prospecting status updates in Salesforce CRM throughout the sales cycle.
- Provide accurate sales forecast data and evidence.
- Participate in regular update meetings with Global Head of Sales and Marketing to discuss sales activity and opportunity progress in the local market.
Requirements for the Role
Required Background & Skills
- Background selling to the following types of audiences: Head of IT / CTO. Head of Business Line /Senior Commercial Manager level. Ideally, Head of Claims or equivalent in the insurance sector.
- Experience with technology in the financial services sector at a sales and/or operations level.
- You will be fluent and practised in structured consultative selling in a business solution, multi-stakeholder context.
- Proven track record in sales in terms of new customer / logo acquisition, key account growth, territory or account base development.
- You need to have a strong presence that commands respect in a senior business environment based on trusted advisor expertise and insights.
- In particular, you will know how to control the sales process – opportunity management process – in a way that leads to predictable closes. You know how to secure hard commitments from key stakeholders and get deals over the line against the promised target date.
- Equally, you need to have leadership-level capabilities that energise and get the respect of internal colleagues.
- Ambitious, positive, enthusiastic, and a dedicated team player.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Desired Background & Skills
- Knowledge of the local insurance and/or financial services industry.
- Knowledge of local insurance products and systems currently operating within the region.
- Experience using Salesforce CRM.
- Experience using Confluence, Sharepoint or similar, Google Suite, Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with the Challenger Sales Methodology or equivalent.
Reports to: Global Head of Sales & Marketing
Package: €200k+ OTE. Upside of €250k-€350k.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or +353-1-9081298 or call Clare Coffey who will set up a conversation with Pat, DD: +353-5787-30961
Please do not contact our client directly. (Terms)